[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Riglin" <Michael dot Riglin at shaw dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Poor man's layer 3 switch.
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:25:53 -0500
Vyatta may be an option for you:

http://www.vyatta.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Puckett [mailto:dpuckett at comresource dot com]
Sent: August-27-08 9:00 AM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] Poor man's layer 3 switch.

I know m0n0wall makes a pretty good cheap layer 3 switch by turning off
NAT and just using VLAN's and routing but is there any other opensource
projects that are specific to this purpose? I did some googleing and did
not find anything that matched what I was looking for. I was hoping some
of you guys who are in the know better than I may have some suggestions.
Basically we are looking for a low cost No-NAT 3-4 port Ethernet router
for setting up VLANs for IP-Phones that would not require bouncing off
the edge router for routing. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.