[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 Cc:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Two SSIDs in a single AP with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:59:18 -0400
Sorry for the late reply, vacations and other work got in the way of
this low priority home project.

Jim> the freebsd work for VAPs has never been released into HEAD, much
Jim> less 6.2, where the current version of m0n0wall lives.

Thanks for the update, I haven't been following FreeBSD all that
closely.

Jim> you could run openwrt and put the VAPs in different VLANs, then
Jim> use m0n0walls VLAN support to route between them and whatever
Jim> you're using for upstream.

That might be the true answer, I'll have to look more closely into
OpenWRT and the VAP support.  Unfortunately, I have the WRT54G, which
I'm not sure if it has VAP support.  Oh well...