[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Angus MacGyver <macgyver at calibre dash solutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dead Peer - not for shooting...
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:30:21 +0100
Hi All,

I am having a little bit of trouble with my M0n0...

Version 1.3b14 - (and to be fair was in b13 as well - but not nearly as
much)

The VPN to another site "drops" - I am not sure what is the initiator of
the drop - the remote site's Internet connection dying - or something
"my" end.

To get this going again - all I have to so is hit the apply button on
the VPN page - but I don't like having to ssh in from work - fire up a
text mode browser and navigate to that page just to do that when the
connection dies.

To this end - I have seen the Dead Peer Detection setting - and it was
blank before - and just now put that to 60 seconds (what the hell -
worth a try whilst I fire this email off)

Question is - and it ain't in the docs - just what does this do ?

For example - it appears IPCOP's DPD routine either clear's the VPN
completely - or restarts it....

What does m0n0 do ?

Cheers

AM