[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.234 bug reports, please (May be off topic)
 Date:  Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:46:16 +1000

Hi Bill,

If you then want numbers to be used correctly, how can you call
1,048,576 bytes a megabyte (MB) when it is so clearly not one million
bytes?  1,048,576 bytes are a mibibyte (MiB) - go and read the ISO
nomenclature on this.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT