[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP Proxy
 Date:  Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:29:03 -0400
The SIP proxy was nothing but grief!

Whilst it worked for it's own limited purposes when it was not enabled
it led to all sorts of issues with upstream SIP providers.

Personally I'd rather see it gone.

If you need a SIP proxy why not look at Askozia? It runs on the same
hardware as m0n0wall and is from the same stable.

Mark

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 12:17 +0200, Mikael Bak wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> >From the changelog 1.3b14:
> removed SIP proxy (not much feedback from users; used a considerable
> amount of space)
>
> I was just about to start using this feature. Is the SIP proxy gone
> forever now in m0n0wall?
>
> If yes, can you perhaps give me a hint on a similarly good firewall
> distribution I can deploy when SIP proxy is needed. Or are there any
> workarounds that you guys know? All kinds of hints are appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Mikael

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
Randolph, NJ