[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP Proxy
 Date:  Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:08:35 +0200
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 08:29 -0400, Mark Phillips wrote:
> The SIP proxy was nothing but grief!
>
> Whilst it worked for it's own limited purposes when it was not enabled
> it led to all sorts of issues with upstream SIP providers.
>
> Personally I'd rather see it gone.

If it was removed from m0n0wall I'm sure the developers had a reason for
that :-) I only know that I managed to get it working and was surprised
to see it gone :-)

> If you need a SIP proxy why not look at Askozia? It runs on the same
> hardware as m0n0wall and is from the same stable.

Well, I need only SIP Proxy, not an entire PBX solution. And in
AskoziaPBX I didn't see normal router functions. So it didn't seem
appropriate to what I want to do.

So I basically need m0n0wall with working SIP proxy. That's all :-)

Any more ideas?

TIA,
Mikael