[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP Proxy
 Date:  Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:03:36 +0200
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:44 -0400, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Use a previous version.
>
> Just because a newer version is out doesn't mean that you SHOULD use it.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I did consider that option, but for security reasons, I don't think it's
a very good idea to build upon a software that I can never update.

When I said I need m0n0wall + SIP proxy, I wasn't perhaps too clear. I
ment I need something very similar to m0n0wall that also do SIP
proxying.

In case someone else also misunderstands me. I do not want anybody to
put back SIP proxy functionality into m0n0wall. If the developers and
the majority of the users wants it out, it's perfectly fine with me.
Right now I'm looking for alternatives that I can use when I need SIP
proxy. When SIP proxy isn't needed, m0n0wall is my absolute favorite!

Let me take this opportunity to thank the developers for all the hard
work!

Best regards,
Mikael