[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall + Captive portal + 20 AP's setup question
 Date:  Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:31:39 -0500
Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
> Lee Sharp wrote:
>>
>> I have about 50 hotels I do WiFi for.
> What hardware do you use? Have you moved to controller based systems or
> all seperately configured Access Points? I have a contract to provide a
> hotel system and I am looking for a compact solution.

If you want, I can sell you a whole package. :)  We use individual APs
with different SSIDs so a hung AP can be chosen away from.  Mostly
EnGenius or Netgear WG302s.  We also have off site monitoring of the
firewall and all APs so when they hang we can have them rebooted before
guests complain.  Lastly, we also monitor bandwidth and latency off site
to do capacity planning, and occasionally filtering when the load starts
to outgrow the pipe.  Also, we have fine tuned the contracts from
painful experience.  Lastly, we have started selling Linux based
desktops for the business centers as well.  They love them!  No spyware!

			Lee