[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  limit or cripple limewire effectively
 Date:  Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:02:50 +0200
This question has been asked before I guess, but I cannot find the right
answer anymore...
Would it be possible to limit te speed of limewire (or maybe even
cripple it), without compromising any other HTTP/HTTPS/SMTP/POP3 traffic
? (using monowall, that is).

I am sharing my internet (using monowall, and using two different AP -
the VLAN thing isn't really working yet), and want to share the internet
for regular traffic... but I somehow want to cripple Limewire (a lot)...
any good suggestions are welcome...

I am going to install Limewire on a virtualbox machine, to test this out
- but I suspect keeping limewire out of your network is practically
impossible, not ?

Any suggestions to make this work, greatly appreciated

kind regards,
Michel