[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  Mohammed <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static arp table.
 Date:  Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:27:26 -0600
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Mohammed <m dot ismael at gmail dot com> wrote:
> When you install m0n0wall on a LAN that you don't have access to PCs
>
> and you cannot limit software installation on these Computers.
>
> you need the ability to have static ARP table on the m0n0wall.
>
> from exec.php I can execute arp -s, and a friend of mine told me
>
> that I can use this line in config.xml <shell>arp -s
> /path.to/static.arp.list <shell>
>
> now what is the /path.to/ where I upload files in File Manager under Captive
> Portal.
>
> I have tried to look it up but no clue.
>
> thanks for every thing.

If you're trying to make the static arp assignment stick across
reboots then you need to add a line to your config file thus:

<shellcmd>arp -s [ip.address] [mac:address]</shellcmd>

Examples here:
http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php?topic=1553.0

Instructions on using <shellcmd> here:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-hiddenopts.html