[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static arp table.
 Date:  Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:39:24 -0500
Mohammed wrote:

> Chris, I respect and agree with what you said but,
>
> What I don't understand is. where m0n0wall keep the files I upload?

It is either root, or /usr/local/www and I honestly don't remember
which.  I would use shell commands in the bootup, and exec.php to add
them on the fly.

> *       If someone wants to ARP poison that network, this won't stop anyone
> from poisoning the client PCs,
>
> *       and you aren't going to be able to maintain static ARP on every PC.
> Hence you can't truly deploy static ARP

> I am using software to provide static arp entry on the client PCs

Which means only the switches will have the bad arp entries...  Ooops! :)

> I did not try building my own image, as m0n0wall almost fit.
>
> But I wish to have this feature in next m0n0wall beta image.

Building your own image is not as hard as you think.  I have a QEMU
image on Chris's site that makes it very easy.  Do not be afraid to spin
a custom image, if only for a default config with the correct nics in it.

			Lee