[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sterling Windmill <sterling dot windmill at custdata dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  nat source port randomization and VOIP
 Date:  Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:22:36 -0700 (PDT)
Since I upgraded my home m0n0wall (running on ALIX) router to 1.3b14, I am experiencing an issue
with my VOIP provider (Via Talk) that I am assuming is a side effect of the newly added nat source
port randomization.

My calls get placed or are received, but I cannot hear the remote caller once the call is
established.

I have worked around this problem temporarily by assigning a static IP to the VOIP device in a 1:1
NAT configuration, but I imagine I am in the minority for having an extra IP available for this
purpose.

Is it possible to selectively turn off source port randomization for certain IPs? Is my VOIP
provider doing something it shouldn't be? Any thoughts?

BTW, here is the forum thread I referenced:

http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php?topic=2314.msg7523

	Sterling Windmill
Systems and Technology
Phone: 586-752-9671 Ext 161
Fax: 586-752-6589
www.custdata.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL,
LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for
use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of
this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending
party by replying in an email to the sender, delete the email from your computer system and shred
any paper copies of the email you printed.