[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Rhys-Jones <jeff at acc dash international dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Why should one not use Monowall for production systems on a VM Platform
 Date:  Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:02:18 +0100
Wow.

Very encouraging - so now I am excited again!

I am going to attempt to convert the VMWARE files to Virtual Iron - a
Virtualisation Platform, in my opinion, equally as functional as
VMWare, but simpler to use, and of course - a lot more cost effective.

I have no idea if the migration will work - but I will try it - and
feed back to everyone on this list.

The 'interesting' thing about Virtual Iron, is that it does not have
any concept of 'Virtual Switch' but instead, just VLAN groups. We run
Layer 3 switches, which handle all the VLAN stuff - so if we can get
MonoWall working with Virtual Iron, perhaps this might end up being a
very simple / effective means to double protect virtualisation
platforms, who are already placed behind primary firewalls on the edge.

Lets roll!!

Jeff