[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Radoslaw Krupa" <aeon at tech dot us dot edu dot pl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Any chances for FORWARD rules?
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:20:52 +0100
I wonder, are there any chances to implement forward rules that would allow
forwarding traffic from LAN to transparent proxy-cache (Squid, MS ISA etc)
connected to internet thru m0n0? If not then maybe there is easy way to do
it using exec.php?
I don't have a clue how to make some script putted a floppy/hdd/cf which
could exec such commands after reboot.

Yes, I can manualy enter proxy addres in internet browser but it's very hard
to maintain in many-user env. Especially when they are crashing/reinstaling
their MS OSes frequently and are rather lame users and many of them don't
know how to set their inet connectios properly (DHCP saves my life!).

TIA for any info as I'm not a very good in *BSD terms (grow up on linux).

Radek Krupa aka AeoN

PS. If m0n0 could check if proxy-cache is up and running and change
forwarding rule to direct connection in case of cache down they it will be
realy great thing and super feature, but I'm afraid it could be hard to
implement.