[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian Z" <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Client Question
 Date:  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:18:07 -0500 (EST)
> Hi there, (also a m0n0wall newbie)
>
> is there a possibility to use the NetScreen VPN Client or the GnatBox
> VPN Client?
>
> The client mentioned in this manual is not free downloadable...
>
> When i use one of the above two. I cannot connect. On the last
> screenshot in the docu, http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/book/view/38, it says
> "AES-256"... I do not have this option.
>
> What can i do to make it work?
>
> Marco

I'm having a hell of a time with my Netscreen Remote/SafeNet/SSH
Sentinel/whatever you want to call it client, but I suspect its either an
OS issue or time for the MS Certified Magic Fix. Regardless, the important
bits follow:

Read that section more carefully. It suggests you use 3DES instead, as
people with slower soekris boxes and no hardware crypto accel. card wont
be able to use the AES256 option.

I imagine the auth and encryption options are meant as more of a guideline
than an absolute rule, since you'll be able to connect so long as the
endpoint and client policies match.

 Brian