[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dick Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Top/Bottom Posting
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:37:42 +0000
Quoting Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>:

> I think I went over the line by this one. Sorry to all I have annoyed. Just
> got a little agitated by the tone of original post the reply was meant for.
>
> Immature, yes, excuse me :( , to Dick too.
>
> Joachim
>
> P.S. I started on this list as a top-poster too, I confess! ;)

The whole rfc thing on top/bottom posting is geek fodder. It's the sort of
argument people who dont wash and use tcl/tk think is righteous. It's why I
have a gun in my car and I choose my friends carefully. There is more to life
than being a zealous geek who maligns people who top/bottom post. We live in a
world where its good to talk regardless of top/bottom. Life's too short - whats
the alternative ? We stop responding to dev issues or support issues and let
people drown and go use something else.

Common sense says dont shove RFC and conformity down other peoples throats or
you drive them away.

Instead be nice to people and remember we're all here because we choose to -
not because we have to be. Keep it a nice safe place and we all smile. No need
for angst and geekdom.

Dick