[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sharif Nassar <m0n0wall dash list at mrwacky dot com>
 To:  billy at hnisecure dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Looking for known PCI card that work with m0n0 V1.0
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:30:18 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 billy at hnisecure dot com wrote:

> Hello All,
> I purchased a D-Link DWL520 V.E1 but while MoNoWall boots, it complains it
> cannot 'clear a bit' and will not init the card. I tried on several PCs with
> the same results. The website states V2a of the D-Link520 will function. Will
> the NetGear MA311 work? Since the manufactures update these cards so quickly,
> I looking for list of the latest cards that work along with thier rev level.

Near as I can tell, you'll only get action with the D-Link 520 with rev A,
B or C.

The NetGear MA311 should work, as it has the Prism2 chipset.

The below link has a giant, terrible (for your browser) - but fairly
comprehensive - table of wireless cards, and their chipsets:

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz

-sharif