[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <1geek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Top/Bottom Posting
 Date:  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:13:24 -0500
Actually, I find it a little irritating that we seem to have netiquette
police here.  Even more irritating that they seem to think that bottom
posting is the only acceptable way as I actually prefer top posting since
most times I just read the original post and really don't need to wade
through it again to get to the "answer".  And it's most irritating when
someone conveniently rearranges what I've said under the guise of "fixing"
my top posting.  That said I usually try and be nice and bottom post since
that's what some in here seem to prefer (though I sometimes forget and I
didn't this time just to make a point) and all you have to do with outlook
is set your format to "plain text" and it will format your reply with the
little > char in front of each line rather than the stupid long vertical
lines outlook usually uses.  You can then put your reply anywhere you want.

For longer posts with several points it's also better for most people
reading replies to "middle post" answering points inline.

Anyway, please folks let's stop criticizing peoples posting habits and
concentrate on the content of what they have to say - seems a lot more
productive to me.  Nobody really needed to waste time reading this crap I
just wrote and it has nothing to do with m0n0wall.

John Voigt, President

Reston Wireless, LLC
High speed internet service
no smoke, no mirrors, no wires (tm)