[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] LoadBalancing revisited
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:11:31 -0700
At 04:18 PM 2/15/2004, Mitch \(WebCob\) wrote:
>BGP is quite simply NOT available to many users. Getting it requires that
>you have your own portable address space, or that you have two feeds from
>the same carrier (which is hardly redundant), though if agregating your
>bandwidth is the goal it has some merit.

Well, our production equipment is in a set of racks in an AT&T co-location
facility, and are literally a few feet from their OC-192 backbone.  I'm
sure they could give us diversely routed feeds, if we asked. :-)

For our purposes, however, a VRRP initiated switchover of aliased LAN and
WAN IP addresses would suffice.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400