[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  albi at saynotomicrosoft dot org
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mail Server Behind 1.0
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:19:24 +0100
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 02:45:40PM -0500, Mike Herman wrote:

hi,

> Does anyone have instruction on setting up a mail server behind the
> m0n0wall.  We have been working on it since 1.0 came out yesterday and
> have no luck.  We can send mail but not recieve.

like someone already mentioned, you need to have your ports done right if
you use your mailserver for sending (25) and receiving (110,143,993,995
depending on what you use, pop or imap with or without SSL)

also, are you using the internal ip-address in the LAN to send mail in the
mail-clients ? or did you perhaps (as before) use the smtp-host of your ISP ?

can the mailserver itself receive mail ?

if you're using pop3, what gives : telnet 110 your_mail_server-ip-address
from within the LAN ?

GL!