[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Looking for known PCI card that work with m0n0 V1.0
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:12:23 +1000
Hi Bill,

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 03:23, billy at hnisecure dot com wrote:
> Hello All,
> I purchased a D-Link DWL520 V.E1 but while MoNoWall boots, it complains it
> cannot 'clear a bit' and will not init the card. I tried on several PCs with
> the same results. The website states V2a of the D-Link520 will function. Will
> the NetGear MA311 work? Since the manufactures update these cards so quickly,
> I looking for list of the latest cards that work along with thier rev level.

Netgear cards are crap.  They have poor build quality and were the cards
voted "most likely to fail" in their Senior Year.  Of course, Linksys
wasn't in the same year - they are actually a worse card than the
Netgear.

Actually, I refuse to sell/support Linksys and Netgear equipment.  Won't
sell 'em because they are crap, and won't support any of these units at
client sites because they are not of a quality that is appropriate for
business purposes.

> BTW I love this product !

You won't be able to say the same about linksys or Netgear equipment,
believe me!

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/