[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Looking for known PCI card that work with m0n0 V1.0
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:49:30 +1000
Hi Sharif,

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 08:19, Sharif Nassar wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Hilton Travis wrote:
>
> > Netgear cards are crap.  They have poor build quality and were the cards
> > voted "most likely to fail" in their Senior Year.  Of course, Linksys
> > wasn't in the same year - they are actually a worse card than the
> > Netgear.
> >
> > Actually, I refuse to sell/support Linksys and Netgear equipment.  Won't
> > sell 'em because they are crap, and won't support any of these units at
> > client sites because they are not of a quality that is appropriate for
> > business purposes.
>

> Begging the question:   What do you recommend ?
>
> I haven't used too many different wireless cards, and all I have to go on
> is the chipset list I mentioned earlier...

While not specifically related to WiFi cards, here are the manufacturers
I have personally had few issues with:

3Com
Belkin
Cisco
D-Link
Edimax
Intel

There are a number of brands I haven't dealt with, so have no personal
experience with those that I can comment on.

> PS: This points to a GoDaddy parking page ?
> > Open Source Projects:		http://www.ares-desktop.org/

Thanks for that.  I guess Angela hasn't directed it to
www.ares-desktop.com yet - spanking time, methinks.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/