[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian Z" <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mail Server Behind 1.0
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:57:23 -0500 (EST)

Sorry to just jump right in, but what the hell, its a public forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fend for itself". Rulesets can be applied
on the DMZ interface to limit the access to the specific daemons running
on it, no? (disclaimer: I've only used a wan/lan setup with m0n0)

Per my understanding, the firewall will filtering all but (hopefully)
legitimate traffic, and in the unfortunate event of a compromise, its
completely quarantined from the private hosts. Thats the definition of a
DMZ anyway. Am I missing something?

 Brian