[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <1geek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mail Server Behind 1.0
 Date:  Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:13:47 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 5:55 PM

> Don't forget that m0n0wall won't forward initiating packets to any
> machine, LAN or DMZ, unless you make a rule to allow it.

Ahh - that comes from me not actually using mono for my DMZ.  Many firewall
products define the DMZ as the place to send packets that aren't otherwise
blocked but don't have specific port forwarding assigned to them.

One of these days I'll get all my networks reworked to use monowall but it's
a big project.

John/