[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN
 Date:  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:43:55 -0500
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:32:19PM +0100, Thomas Guldener wrote:
> Hey great work and a nice product.
>
> I have read in the wish list that already someone asking for OpenVPN
> support. Is there already a timeline to implement this tool ore is it
> still a nice wish?
>
> Greats
> Thomas

Thomas,

I think I was the first person to ask for OpenVPN support, but I could be
wrong.

To the best of my knowledge nobody is actively working on this yet.
If there is, someone please correct me.  It was once my intention to work
on this, but after using OpenVPN for many months between a laptop and
a remote server, I decided that OpenVPN wasn't an optimal solution for
my needs.  Since my "itch" went away, so did my desire to "scratch" it.

I may change my mind again and decide to try adding it, but I think if
I make any changes to m0n0wall I'll start a lot simpler than that.

Manuel, would it make sense to list names of people working on
wishlist/todo items if someone is indeed working on it?  Just a thought.

jim