[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Matthew Geddert <webmaster at mbseminary dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  remote vpn clients
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:36:58 -0800

I've followed the advice in this guide:

And am not able to access pptp from a remote location (i.e. on
the WAN side of the firewall). I've done a port scan with nmap on
the WAN side and all ports are blocked and it in fact doesn't
even respond to a ping - which Iím guessing is the default
behavior. On the LAN side port 1723 (i.e. the pptp port) is open
and I was able to connect to pptp using the standard windows XP
built in client. I have the "pptp -> any rule" as described in
the pdf. Does anybody have any suggestions for allowing me to
remotely access pptp (i.e. through the WAN interface)?

I have enabled all ports on the wan side with a wan rule of * * *
* * and that didn't do anything to allow access to pptp from the
WAN side.

Or, if this is an egregious security error could somebody please
suggest a better alternative for remote access to the LAN.

Thanks for the help