[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matthew Geddert <webmaster at mbseminary dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  remote vpn clients
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:36:58 -0800
Hello,

I've followed the advice in this guide:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/guides/pptpvpn.pdf

And am not able to access pptp from a remote location (i.e. on
the WAN side of the firewall). I've done a port scan with nmap on
the WAN side and all ports are blocked and it in fact doesn't

behavior. On the LAN side port 1723 (i.e. the pptp port) is open
and I was able to connect to pptp using the standard windows XP
built in client. I have the "pptp -> any rule" as described in
the pdf. Does anybody have any suggestions for allowing me to
remotely access pptp (i.e. through the WAN interface)?

I have enabled all ports on the wan side with a wan rule of * * *
* * and that didn't do anything to allow access to pptp from the
WAN side.

Or, if this is an egregious security error could somebody please
suggest a better alternative for remote access to the LAN.

Thanks for the help

Matthew