[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Krzysztof Syguda" <krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Netelligent 10/100 TX -Compaq Deskpro again
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:00:04 +0100
David said:
>OK, quick google confirms that Compaq Deskpro spec includes Compaq
>Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded UTP Controller which is based on the Texas
>Instruments ThunderLan (tlan) chipset. This is supported under FreeBSD 4.9
>(http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET)
>using the tl(4) driver
>(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=tl&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBS
D+4 .9-RELEASE). Are you getting any specific errors in the system log?
How to check which driver is bind to card in m0n0wall -card is present in system as tl0
- I think it can use tl driver. There is no any error message in system log messages.
 How to check if it works ok and the card is initialised OK? I can bind IP adress from
m0n0wall console, but nothing works.  When I use another card everything works. How
change the driver for this card?The problem is, that deskpro has only one additional
PCI slot, and I can't use another card.

If somebody knows how to do this please tell me it in "simple words" I have just started
tu use BSD.

Regards
KS

   ///////      ///// Krzysztof Syguda
  //// \\\      \\\\\ tel.  +48 607223304
                      e-mail: krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl

 H. Steinhaus