[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Netelligent 10/100 TX -Compaq Deskpro again
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:23:05 -0000
>How to check which driver is bind to card in m0n0wall -card is
>present in system as tl0
>- I think it can use tl driver. There is no any error message
>in system log messages.
> How to check if it works ok and the card is initialised OK? I
>can bind IP adress from
>m0n0wall console, but nothing works.  When I use another card
>everything works. How
>change the driver for this card?The problem is, that deskpro
>has only one additional
>PCI slot, and I can't use another card.
>
>If somebody knows how to do this please tell me it in "simple
>words" I have just started
>tu use BSD.
>

>Regards
>KS
>
>    //// ////    /////\\\\\
>   ///////      ///// Krzysztof Syguda
>  //// \\\      \\\\\ tel.  +48 607223304
> ////   \\\\\\\\\\\\/
>                      e-mail: krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl
>

> H. Steinhaus

Krzysztof

Looks like tl4 driver has been automatically assigned to the built-in
ethernet controller, hence it is listed as interface tl0 (first of that
type).

Do you have a second ethernet card already in the PCI slot? If so which
type?

I have experienced some network cards that cause problems with other network
cards in the same PC, even of exactly the same type. One manufacturer that
springs to mind is Netgear (FA310 & FA311) which has already been mentioned
by Hilton Travis in another thread.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.