[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Khaled Dakakni" <dakakas7 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:07:23 +0000
Got everything on Monowall ready and setup ... BUT the traffic shaper is the
problem... Could anyone tell me what to do? need to shape 120 ppl with 8kbit
up and 64 kbits down..

I DID a rule but it's slowing ppl down and the download speed is in the bits
and lower .. and not giving me the 64 kbits .. it goes much lower than
that.. can anyone give me a rule to use putting in mind the protocol should
be any.. not tcp and port are open from 1 to 65535 - i need the 2 rules to
shape the 120 clients i have but i can't seem to grasp it.. if anyone has
the same network setup.. plz let me know how it's done.. keeping the ips as
xxx which i'll fill in.. and oh yeah.. does playing with the weights make a
major difference??? cause i have it as 10 .. does it have to be higher?
sothat lets say 40 users come on line at the same time?... anyways..
waitiing on anyones example to use