[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall Mail List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bugs in 1.0? Maybe?
 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:58:14 +1000
Hi Mike,

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 05:29, Mike Herman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> During the past day or two we've been trying to get 1.0 working with a
> mail server and 2 web servers behind it.  It was been driving us nuts.

I'm running a box in my DMZ that has http, https and ssh access to it,
and all are working fine.  I have a single public IP assigned via my
ADSL service, and am NATting the internal addresses, both LAN and DMZ.

> We figured, "maybe" it was the release.....well I downloaded pb27r630
> and booted, worked perfectly.  Same rule set.

I upgraded from pb27r630 to 1.0 and it continued to function after the
reboot.

> Am I the only one having issue's with 1.0?  I have used Watchguard FB
> 1,2 & 3 and 2 SonicWalls so I am not unfamiliar with firewalls.
>
> We just are not going to 1.X untill the next release.

Sometimes, a release has issues for one person that does not exhibit on
others' machines.  Buggers me why, but I've seen this on a number of
projects.  Sometimes it is a user error, other times it is an
application issue.  Sometimes it is the particular combo of hardware.
Its never that easy, tho, to sort.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/