[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Matthew Geddert <webmaster at mbseminary dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] remote vpn clients
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:16:18 -0600
Matthew,

Like Christiaens said, make sure that your ISP allows port access below
1024 for inbound connections.  Many are now blocking these.  E.g. they
offer you access to the internet, but will deny you the ability to
perform ISP like functions.  E.g. mail, VPN, HTTPd, etc.  Some state
this is for security reasons, but it all boils down to them wanting you
to pay more for them to change the ACL so you can get inbound low ports.

Also... the network you are trying to PPTP to the firewall from may not
allow it.  Or it is performing NAT and thus PPTP will not work
correctly.  Try using the IPSEC if this is the case, it is a better (in
my openion) way to go for VPN anyway.  I am working on a  similar IPSEC
how-to currently.