[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alexandre Gambati" <gambati at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Squid + M0n0wall: Port Foward and firewall rules
 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2004 01:45:06 +0000
Hi everybody.

I'm starting to use a Proxy in my LAN.  It works fine if i configure browser
settings of each machine.  But i wish to do proxy transparently, without
manual config in machines.

My M0n0wall box:  192.168.0.1/24

My Squid (Proxy) Server:  192.168.0.100/24 (Port: 3128)

I guess if i could to get all HTTP Lan traffic (EXCEPT which generated by
the Proxy) fowarded to the proxy server, it could work transparently, since
Proxy will promptly deliver the HTTP objects to source or demand the link,
if the HTTP object it's not in local cache.

But, as portforward is mostly used for inbound traffic, i wonder how could i
do that.
Outbound rules?  Firewall rules?

It look a trivial problem, but i can't see a solution.  Some ideas?

I Thanks all.  (specially to manuel by 1.0 realease of M0n0wall).

Alexandre Gambati