[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "Michel Servaes" <michel at mcmc dot be>, "monowall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] limit or cripple limewire effectively
 Date:  Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:02:44 +1000

Hi Michel,

This is where an application layer proxy is extremely useful.  m0n0wall
unfortunately doesn't have one in its arsenal (ISA/FTMG does - and they
work extremely well, however that's not in the scenario here).
http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/ is available for Linux, I don't know
of this or something else is available for OpenBSD.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT