[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Christian Decker" <decker dot christian at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Radius through VPN
 Date:  Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:42:24 +0200
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a system that is distributed across multiple
locations. I figured that I could link the locations together with VPN
and have a freeradius server at our main location and then
authenticate the users through that VPN link.
My main location has the network and the first side
location has VPN is set up correctly in that I can
ping all machines from one side to the other. The radius server is
working correctly and as long as I have it on the LAN side of my main
location my main location is able to authenticate users against it,
but when I try to activate the captive portal on my side location it
always gives me a bad authentication attempt:

Sep 25 13:34:40 	ERROR: cxd, 00:0f:1f:cd:53:49,, Error
sending request: No valid RADIUS responses received

The really strange thing is that if I test it with the captive portal
off and with radtest all looks fine

$ radtest cxd password 1812 secret
Sending Access-Request of id 158 to port 1812
        User-Name = "cxd"
        User-Password = "password"
        NAS-IP-Address =
        NAS-Port = 1812
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host, id=158, length=20

Any idea what's going wrong?