[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>, "m0n0wall -" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Connecting to Exchange via vpn
 Date:  Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:55:58 +1000
Hi Dave,

We do a fair bit of SBS 2003 (and maybe soon some SBS 2008 now that MS
has raised the price - so it will be less of this than we'd hoped for).
I know we spoke about the ConnectComputer issue and needing IIS to be
configured to accept the IPs on the remote subnet, however I've not seen
the issue you had here, nor have I needed to Google for mapisvc.ini
before!  :)

There seems to be a lot of info about issues caused by this file either
being there or not being there, so it seems it is a somewhat common
cause of consternation with Outlook/Exchange configuration.  I guess
we've just been lucky here!  :)

Anyway, glad to know you got this sorted and that it wasn't a m0n0wall
problem.  Speaking of m0n0wall, can m0n0wall do an OpenVPN bridged VPN?
I know it can't now as OpenVPN has been pulled from the released images,
but I'm wondering if this will be possible once it is again reintroduced
to the image - the bridged OpenVPN settings in DD-WRT work really well
in the few cases we've deployed this config.  I'd rather do it on
m0n0wall, however.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT