[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall - <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSEC Tunnel Died - Please Help!
 Date:  Sat, 04 Oct 2008 09:39:30 -0500
Paul Rae wrote:

> Both sites were connected using IPSec tunnel as per the m0n0 handbook. This
> setup has been up and running for well over a year with no problems at all.
>
> However about 2 weeks ago I started to have problems with the tunnel. It

> one of the firewalls would bring it back up again. However for the past week
> it refuses to re-establish the connection. All other internet traffic (in
> and out flows fine).

I have been seeing much more traffic shaping on the internet then ever
before, and it frequently breaks things like VPN.  Since it worked, and
failed, I would get your ISP support on the line and start them working
on why they broke your application. I have found them surprisingly
responsive.  I think they know that the traffic shaping is breaking more
things then they intend...

			Lee