[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Angus MacGyver <macgyver at calibre dash solutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  mitcheloc <mitcheloc at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN losing connection regularly
 Date:  Tue, 07 Oct 2008 23:50:20 +0100
On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 12:45 -0700, mitcheloc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My PPTP connection to m0n0wall through Windows VPN is getting
> disconnected regularly. The LAN/internet connection between my
> workstation and the router is rather stable. As well this has occurred
> from other networks. So any advice as to what could cause this would
> be useful.

Hmmmm

Looking at the recent messages on this list, and my own experience, it
does start to look like some problems with VPN tunnels seems to have
crept out of the woodwork somewhere recently..

As mine is a m0n0 one end and a router the other, and has been normally
very stable, after either 1.3b13 or 1.34b14 things seems - somewhat
rather less stable.

I unfortunately don't have any data prior to this, as it was so little
of a problem I had no monitoring in place, but since the stability
issues started, I've put hobbit in place, and this "pings" the remote
side of the VPN to check for VPN "aliveness".

What I've noticed is that the VPN will be very stable for around about 2
weeks, then things go to hell until the m0n0 is rebooted.

My m0n0 has been up 11 days now, previous was 15 days, and I am
wondering whether I will experience major instability in the next 3-4
days - if I do - it will most certainly be a pattern.

I will keep the list notified.

Regards

AM