[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Angus MacGyver <macgyver at calibre dash solutions dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  Paul Rae <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN losing connection regularly
 Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:11:07 -0400
Angus MacGyver wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:45 +0100, Paul Rae wrote:
>
>> Out of interest, what is your connectivity between sites on the tunnels? ADSL, Cable, Leased Line
and what providers?

>> I am still no further forward with my issues but would be interesting to see if there is any
common ground.

>> I have a few ideas I want to test on my sites, but i'm not going to get a chance to do that until
later in the week.

> ADSL - both ends...
>
> Griffin Internet - both ends.
>
> I have now got 13+ days uptime - so if there is a pattern, we'll see in
> a few days...
>
> AM

I have a m0n0wall VPNed to 5 different locations that have 3 different
brands of routers and all are rock solid.  I use version 1.3B13 at the
moment.  The routers at the other ends are Cisco, Netopia and m0n0wall.
I did have a problem with earlier versions of 1.3B because they didn't
favor older SA keys.  But since that was changed in 1.3B13 (I think it
was 1.3B13, check the change log) it has gone back to the same rock
solid VPN I was always used to.

Chris