[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Rudi van Drunen <rudi at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPv6 rtadvd issues
 Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:09:43 +0200
Hello Rudi,

On Oct 13, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Rudi van Drunen wrote:

> I assume that I have to defline the subnet (prefix) somewhere
> (where ?) an then with the LAN interface on 6to4 and autoconfig
> on all should be automagically work. But it does NOT.

The 6to4 setting on LAN only makes sense if you're using 6to4 on WAN
as well - but since you're using SixXS, you don't need 6to4.

Assuming that you have a /48 routed to you from SixXS, all you need to
do is:

- enable IPv6 support on the advanced setup page (obviously ;)

- choose IPv6 mode: AICCU on the WAN setup page and enter your SixXS
username/password/tunnel ID

- choose a /64 out of your allocated /48, set up the LAN interface
with a static IPv6 address out of that /64, and check the RA box

That's all - no static routes etc. necessary. In fact, that's exactly
the scenario I've used when testing the AICCU support in m0n0wall, and
for me it worked without any problems.

Regards,

Manuel