 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] CPU at 100% with IPSec Tunnel
 Date:  Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:09:42 +0100
-----Message d'origine-----

<vhaemmerli at exes dot ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using m0n0wall version 1.3b15 on platform PC Engines ALIX and I
have one
> IPSec Tunnel
>
> After some hours, the CPU will goes to 100%. If I stop the IPSec
Tunnel the
> CPU utilisation goes back to 1 - 5%
>
> And after some time it will use 100% again.
>
> In the process list we can see the racoon process (used for IPSec
tunnel) is
> using a lot of CPU.
>
> Has someone had the same problem ?

Only if pushing more VPN throughput than the CPU can handle. With an
ALIX, that should be in excess of 10 Mb (depending on encryption
protocol), which would be difficult to achieve in most environments,
but is what I would look at first.

-Chris

Hello Chris
Thank you for your reply.

But in my case, this occurs even if there is no traffic through the VPN
link
I think something is wrong with the process racoon, as if he was running
in a loop or something like that

Vincent