[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Lloyd <brian dash wb6rqn at lloyd dot com>
 To:  Christopher M. Iarocci <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT and packet filters for passive-mode FTP
 Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:11:31 +0000
>>> That is a function of the FTP server, not the firewall.  Most FTP
>>> servers have this very setting just for this application.
>>
>> Thank you. I have never seen that option in the FTP server but I
>> have seen (and used) the rewriting feature for the FTP "port"
>> command in routers before which is why I asked the question.
> If you let us know which FTP server you're using, one of us might be
> able to point you in the direction of the setting I referred to.

I found it. Man pages are a wonderful thing. Unfortunately it didn't
work right on the first pass so I need to figure out what I did wrong.
Regardless, you pointed me in the correct direction so I should be
able to make it work. Thank you.

Brian Lloyd
Granite Bay Montessori School          9330 Sierra College Bl
brian AT gbmontessori DOT com          Roseville, CA 95661
+1.916.367.2131 (voice)                +1.791.912.8170 (fax)

PGP key ID:          12095C52A32A1B6C
PGP key fingerprint: 3B1D BA11 4913 3254 B6E0  CC09 1209 5C52 A32A 1B6C