[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with 1.3b15 on a Compaq EN SFF...
 Date:  Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:30:14 +0000
Hi,

In message <4912C05C dot 7050501 at t dash online dot hu>, Mikael Bak
<mikael at t dash online dot hu> writes
>Neil A. Hillard wrote:
>> Would it be worth installing 1.22, upgrading to 1.235 and then to
>> 1.3b15? To see if this resolves matters?
>>

>http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php
>
>Here you can read the following:
>"When upgrading from generic-pc 1.2x, you must install 1.3b7 first
>before you install this image. Other platforms are not affected."
>
>Did you do this?

I wasn't actually performing an upgrade from 1.22 to 1.3b15.  I
installed 1.3b15 on a new (well, re-used 64MB) CF card and then uploaded
my previous configuration.  I believe I would have had to go to 1.3b7 if
I'd have upgraded by using the firmware upload feature in the web
interface (I couldn't do that as it was originally running on an 8MB CF
card and the image for 1.3b15 is bigger than that!)

I'm going to try starting with 1.22 then 1.3b7 and then 1.3b15 using the
upload firmware on the 64MB card to see if that is any different but
there definitely seems to be something odd with restoring a backup from
1.22 on 1.3b15.

Many thanks,

                                Neil.