[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with 1.3b15 on a Compaq EN SFF...
 Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:28:49 +0000
In message <1226057892 dot 9334 dot 231 dot camel at earth dot g7ltt dot com>, Mark Phillips
<g7ltt at g7ltt dot com> writes
>This is tantamount to a version step from 1.22 to 1.3b15 without passing
>1.3b7 first!
>
>I suspect that if you follow the upgrade path it'll all work out OK.

It don't believe these two circumstances are actually the same. Manuel's
via 1.3b7 was the following:

>Try upgrading from 1.233 to 1.3b7 (which is a bit smaller) first, and
>then from 1.3b7 to 1.3b10.
>
>http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/generic-pc-1.3b7.img
>
>I guess I'll have to make an updated 1.23x version with a bigger
>firmware MFS size so that people can upgrade properly from 1.23x to
>the latest 1.3b versions.

I've tried upgrading from 1.235 to 1.3b7 and the interfaces still don't
work (in 1.3b7)!

I now have a full quota of interfaces so I can attempt to replicate the
configuration on 1.3b15 but starting from scratch.

                                Neil.