[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jessica Aguilar" <jaguilar at skyriver dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problems accessing a Firewall
 Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:55:05 -0800
Hello All,

I am having some problems with one of my devices. Model is 5501 ver
1.233

1.- Lost ablity to ping and to access via web the device. User are able
to go out no problem.

*         I went to this location and  login from inside no problem. I
disable the captive portal . Still unable to access remotely.

*         I open the firewall rule to any any . No go.

*         I setup my computer with static ip that belogs to monowall . I
was able to ping it.

*         I am able to ping the  public ip from internal

*         I even replace the  hardware still doing the same thing.

*         I upgrade the firmware to 1.235 still doing same thing.

*         I tried to enable https to access the firewall  - still nogo

*         Unable to access  any device from outside  using port
forwarding.

*         The only port that I can do is 161 - SNMP. NO port 80  or 443
or icmp. Firewall rules is setup as  pass any any  and also specific.
Each port.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Jessica A