[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Mono Wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems accessing a Firewall
 Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:11:07 -0700
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Jessica Aguilar <jaguilar at skyriver dot net> wrote:

> *         I tried to enable https to access the firewall  - still nogo
>
> *         Unable to access  any device from outside  using port
> forwarding.
>
> *         The only port that I can do is 161 - SNMP. NO port 80  or 443
> or icmp. Firewall rules is setup as  pass any any  and also specific.
> Each port.

Was this device working as expected before? If so, then what has
changed recently?

Some things to look at:
Were any changes made to the configuration?
Did you update the firmware right before the problem?
Did you change ISP? Mine blocks incoming ports 80, 443, 139, etc.
Maybe yours has started doing the same?

When you say you can't access the device or the LAN from the WAN, are
you connected directly to the WAN interface or have you tried only
from the internet? Connect directly to rule out your ISP.

Try saving your config and then access via WAN on a default config
(fresh install). This will rule out problems with your configuration.

You say you changed hardware. Did you change the 5501, the CF card, or
a pci card in it (if applicable)? Try changing one at a time to rule
out each piece.

If you're using 1.2 on the 5501 then you're using the generic version
if I'm not mistaken. Have you considered switching to m0n0 version
1.3? The later embedded versions have better support for the 5501,
like autodetection of the interfaces, as I recall. I don't think there
are many reasons not to use 1.3 these days.

db