[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  multiple ip's on WAN via DHCP (offtopic)
 Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:39:43 +0100
Hi,

I don't know if this has already been addressed, or even if it would be
possible or not...
I get 4 ip's of my ISP provider, but they are provided through DHCP.

Would anything (monowall/pfsense) accept 4 times a DHCP offer (by either
simulating, or using VLAN's on the WAN side ?)
Or can monowall accept multiple WAN cards ?? (in that, I could add
another 3 nic's for WAN) - if one of these solutions seems feasible, how
about using a DynDns on all 4 WAN ip's ??

I guess the answer shall be "no, no and no" - but I've been sitting on
this question, and can't find a real answer... mind you, there isn't a
commercial product either that would allow me to this - tried the
Linksys RV082 lately, and only the 1st WAN port could be connected to
DHCP, the other port had to be static or PPPoE (in which my cable don't
quite accept :-) )

kind regards,
Michel