[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "green bean" <1capybara at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] incompatibility of windows vista with m0n0
 Date:  Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:48:25 +1000

Hi Mr Bean,

As this is a Vista issue, I can't see how m0n0wall nor pfSense could be
supplying a fix for it.  :)  However, adding this DHCPBROADCAST flag
into the standard Loonix/BSD dhcp servers shouldn't be that much of an
issue considering Vista and the upcoming Windows 7 will likely both need
it.

Second, we've got quite a few Vista boxen out there on different
networks and not seen these issues, though we're normally obtaining DHCP
from an SBS box.  There's a number of Vista boxes we have at people's
homes, though, and a number of those are protected by m0n0wall or
DD-WRT, and we've not seen this issue yet.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT