[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "Gate1" <gate1 at libero dot it>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] R: [m0n0wall] IPv6 rtadvd issues
 Date:  Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:12:15 +1000
Hi Max,

When it is ready.  There's no way to tell when it will be ready, aside
from when the known bugs are ironed out.  Unlike Microsoft who sets a
release date and then releases a buggy product on the pre-conceived
date, m0n0wall (and the vast majority of OSS and other decent software)
sets a known-bug-free goal and releases at that point.  I think this is
a much better way to handle releases.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT