[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dennis Wallberg <dman at shell dot linux dot se>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Inject routes in m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:21:31 +0100
Hi,

I have a problem regarding routing and PPTP tunneling.
I use m0n0 at home as my firewall / NAT / GW and it works great, however
when working from home I need to connect to the office PPTP VPN this is
where Im having some problems. When connecting to the office VPN with my
desktop or laptop I can of course use this computer to do work related
stuff. Recently I started to connect and set up the PPTP tunnel from my
home server (also behind m0n0wall) by doing this I can reach the office
lan from any computer on my LAN (laptop, desktop etc) which is really
much better for me. By doing this I do need to specify all the routes
(static) on all computers to point to the home server running the PPTP
tunnel and appropriate iptables rules. This is the bad part of my setup
as I do not want to have static routes on all the computers on the LAN
or enter them (manually) in m0n0. What I want is to have these office /
work related prefixes set up dynamically when starting the tunnel and of
course removed when disconnecting the tunnel (this works fine on the
home server setting up the tunnel).
So to my question: Can I somehow inject routes on the m0n0 box from the
server? Or even better can I set up the tunnel from m0n0? thus just keep
the default GW pointing to my m0n0.