[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JP Vossen <jp at jpsdomain dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PCI wireless AP?
 Date:  Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:31:47 -0500
I am building a generic-pc-1.3b15.img M0n0wall on an old PII whitebox.
In the interest of one less gadget/wires/power-supply, I was thinking
about adding a PCI wireless card and using the M0n0wall stuff.

The Froogle links (awesome idea) aren't always clear if the device is a
PC Card or PCI, or what.  For the couple that I'm pretty sure are PCI
(e.g., Netgear MA311), they are a) only 11Mb and b) > $50.  So this may
not be as fast and as cost effective as I'd hoped.

1) Is http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html current and
correct for v1.3 (I know, still in beta, but...)?

2) Is this, circa 2004, still true? http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-ap.html

3) Is this actually a Good Idea, or should I just get a cheap
stand-alone AP and be done with it?  (In that case, recommendations for
that?)

Thanks,
JP